1. 16 oz Lean ground beef (93/7)
2. 1 red bell pepper sliced in small ½ inch chunks
3. 1 onion chopped
4. 1 tablespoon Chili powder
5. 6 cloves of garlic pressed
6. 1 teaspoon Cumin
7. ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
8. 1 glass Green Salsa Verde (I use …always looking to try to keep the sodium low)
9. 1 can Kidney Beans- low sodium
10. ¼ cup of water
Prep: Chop the onions, bell pepper and garlic; put the spices (cumin,cayenne,chili powder) together in a small bowl with the garlic; open can of beans ,rinse with cold water and drain
1. Heat up a pan or a pot and add the first 3 ingredients (beef,onion,pepper) and start browning the meat. Takes about 8-10 minutes. Use first high, then turn down to medium heat.While occasionally stirring prep for the next few steps..
2. Prep the garlic(peel and mince).Then add the spices- chili, cumin ,cayenne pepper and garlic in a bowl. When meat is brown, add the spice and stir for abour 30 seconds.
3. Next add the salsa and a bit of water. Rinse the beans and last but not least: Add the beans and stir.
Cover and keep on low heat for the next 10-15 minutes.
Voila. You have your chilli ready to go. I adapted the recipe from eatingwell.com .
We love to eat it with some parmesan cheese bread.Yummy. And sure low on calories!